Mamaw, I miss you. I miss my bestfriend. I miss you asking for your hug every time I stepped foot in the door. I miss waking up to you calling me every morning. I miss hearing you hum, and bang pots and pans around in the kitchen. I miss seeing your car in the drive way. I miss just the sight of you walking, and that little limp you had. I miss your strength, and your smile. I miss your anger, even when it was directed at me. The only thing I ever see is you walking out the door waving bye, then it's me sitting on the back of that firetruck and seeing your wrecked car laying in the field. But despite seeing all of that, despite seeing your body in that coffin... It's not real to me. I think you're at the beach. That's what I keep telling myself. That you're at the beach and any moment you're going to call and tell me you can't wait to come home to see me. But I know you're home, and I know you're not coming back to this place. So I guess it's my turn to say it; Mamaw, I love you and miss you. I can't wait to come home and see you.
Picture above is My Mamaw Becky and My Papaw Randy. They're both my heroes, and I love them very much. I miss Mamaw a lot... I'm just glad that Papaw's here so me and him can help eachother..



No comments:
Post a Comment